How to Fix Faux Wood Blinds: Intramuros Manila, Philippinesnenaragonot
Faux Wood blinds are elegant, stylish kinds of blinds and beautiful to look at any home. No matter how you take good care of your Faux Wood Blinds, old Faux Wood Blinds will eventually become more prone to breakage. Below are some tips on how to repair your Faux Wood Blinds:
- Make sure you have prepared all the tools you needed in repairing blinds. Basic items can help like scissors and additional strings if you need to cut the strings or if it is needed to be replaced. If the blind cord is jammed, a screw driver can help, but if your blinds are broken, you have to replace it and purchase a new one.
- In fixing Faux Wood Blinds that is hard to close and open, you have to familiarize yourself first with the horizontal blind structure and its parts name.
- After checking the blinds, remove it from your window and place it on a flat surface before start repairing.
- Study the blinds diagram that details the standard parts of the typical blinds.
- Check the head rail or the long metal piece that holds the blinds for you to see if the cords are stuck. It could be the problem if the blinds will not hang smoothly. You have to pull the cord out and lift it, then lower the blinds with the drawstring.
- To fix the pin in a cord lock, use a screwdriver to free the blinds if it is stuck in place.
- If your problem is the broken string, you can tie the ends together. Replace the blinds with new strings if the string is worn out and tie it to the other end. Using a screwdriver, restring the blinds by flipping it and remove the plugs on the bottom rail. After that, measure the old string with the new one to know the length of the string. Cut the new one according to the length, then insert it through the opening of the cord lock in the head rail and thread the strings through the route holes in the slats. Feed the strings on the blind hole and tie a knot in the end.
- In replacing your broken blinds, repeat the details above for restringing, but you only have to pull out the strings to the broken slats point. Then place the new slats, in the ladder strings and thread strings through the holes. Tie the nut on the bottom rail and then cut excess string, check its length be sure that you did right.
- After that, you can now set the blinds on your wall and be sure to hang it correctly.
Photos are installation from one of our clients in Intramuros Manila, Philippines:
For more information, you may visit us at our stores in 4th level Waltermart , Makati City and 3rd level Robinsons Metro East, Pasig City, and 2nd level Pacific Mall, Lucena City. You can also call us at (02) 403-3262 / (02) 893-1373 / 0916-311-3909 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.